08 May 2010

Wendy's big day out

so I told Jeff through the week that I really needed to get out of the house today for the day or go mad,  He didn't know where to take me but it didn't need to be too special or expensive etc, I just really wanted a drive in the sun. So we headed off this morning, stopped firstly at my favourite scrap store and then headed to Bungendore of all places.  However it was great,  We spent some time in the antique shop that is on a 1/4 acre and they had the most wonderful things, it was so worth the browse.

We then headed down the street to the woodwork shop and gasped and awed at the very expensive items but they are so beautiful,

Coffee time was calling me so we headed to the cafe adjoining the woodwork place and sat in this very sheltered outdoor area that only Jeff and I were in as there was just the one table.  It was so protected from any wind and the sun was wonderful.  Jeff had a great looking sandwich and I wanted scones but they were apricot which didn't appeal so had these amazing pancakes covered in berries and fresh fruit.  My goodness they were nice and I couldn't finish them.  The coffee was fantastic and am sure Jeff's cold drink hit the spot.

Next we walked but up to this little gift shop and had a good browse and stopped from spending any money.  A short drive and we went to the Summit gift shop and stamp place as I wanted to stock up on cards but they don't do the stamping and cards any more so that was disappointing.

Was starting to get tired but we ended up going for a drive through to Gundaroo and then on our way home we went for a sticky beak at Gooloabri.....I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and could have saved my petrol.

So home for a rest, Jeff did some house things and got dinner and I posted the cards that I made during the week.

Am a very tired but happy girl for once.  Tomorrow we have mother in laws day so family lunch for us...hope my energy comes back

Here are a couple of the cards I posted. Check them out at www.madeit.com.au/alphabotts if you want to see the others,  they are my Jemima Puddle duck range.




No comments:

Post a Comment