28 November 2011

another Sunday

Had another new market on Sunday.  My niece was invited to attend the Race and Taste day at the race course as they were having stalls in the betting ring and she asked if I would like to join her.  So never one to back down I jumped at the chance to try another market and see how I went.  The good thing it was  a late start so that helped, we set up for the punters by 12pm and then we had the whole day toll just after 5.oo pm .  I didn't do too bad, think I sold more then the other markets actually.  The big seller again was the gift card holders and some birthday cards.  Helped to realise I need to do some baby cards in neutral instead of blue and pink, and also need more male cards for younger men not the older version I have so that was all productive.  I also think some of my larger square cards may be priced a little high, but am not sure, so this week we are back at the Hall Markets so am going to have a special on them and reduce the price and see what reactions I get.  Think next year this will all go much better when the Christmas period is over as more people will perhaps want more variety in cards then now when all they are thinking of is Christmas perhaps.

But it has been fun and got me thinking about things and how I might be able to expand depending on a few issues I am investigating.

Also I m going to be doing some sample wedding cards/packs for my niece to look at as I would love to do her wedding invites for her and she is keen but I want to make sure she likes what I do and not just say yes because its me.  SO we are doing it like a customer and I will do the samples and we can discuss.  Soooo excited about that little venture.

Hope everyone is having a good day and being creative, Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment