26 April 2011

what's been happening

I have been really slack updating my blog. When I first started this I had this dream that I would come everyday and use it as a kind of personal journal that I was going to lay open for anybody that wanted to stop by and have a read.  I am not sure why I thought I would have anything interesting, funny or conversational to say that would see people following and tagging my blog. 

The truth is I am really not that interesting - hmmm that hurts heheh.  I have been going through a bit of a 'who and what am I' time.  Early retirement has made me question myself and my life a lot.

On the merest chance that there is someone out there that might stop by and see if I have been creative, funny or inspirational ( I do crack myself up with those kind of comments) that I thought I would update.

Not to want to bore people any further, I wont tell you about the nasty flu I have been dealing with for the last fortnight as I have bored enough people with that story on my facebook page.  But darn this strain of flu is not pleasant.

So, I have been creating a little bit lately, I have a current custom card order to finish.  Quite a few cards to do in this order and a great mix.  Am happy with the results so far and have two male cards left to finish.  Why are cards for men to hard to start and finish.  Is it because deep down we k now that many males will not even glance at the card but go right for the loot that comes with it. Or maybe its because as a card maker there is so many limited options that you can use to just finish a card off.  It's not like a cute group of flowers or some pretty ribbon are going to help in anyway. It does mean you have to be more creative with what you use.

I follow a few blogs and a scrap booking page and sometimes in awe at what people design and create and wonder why I do what I do.  Does anyone but me like my style and the time and effort that goes into making a personalised card.  I do have a wonderful selection of repeat customers and am thankful that they come back for more cards. I never have or never do want people to think I do this for the money because we all know you will never make anything from a custom hand made card. I do this because I love all things paper, stationery and playing with ribbons, flowers, glue and embellishments etc.  I have also been making enquires about having a stall at some local  craft markets which would be fun.  Need to get a bit more product done I think.

Have so many ideas for some other bit and pieces I want to make to take to the markets, so time will tell if I can get productive enough to get it done.

Will share some pics of the current lot of cards I am working on, not sure if I will share the custom order cards, but have also done a few other little ones while I have been waiting for glue to dry or an idea to come that will help to finish a certain card etc that are in my for sale pile for the markets, facebook page and madeit site.

So if you came by to say hello and to see if there is anything new stay tuned and keep an eye out for some fun pics.

Have a great day, Wendy

3 comments:

  1. This is thought provoking. I wonder why I craft and you're right, it's because I enjoy it and can find satisfaction through a finished project. Thanks for the update and "Hello" =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better Wendy, sorry to hear you have had a nasty flu :0(
    I really like the work on your blog and hope you update it soon!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I check out your blog all the time isn't that enough reason, lol.
    Looking forward to seeing some more of your work.
    I write on my blog everyday...you mean I have to write something funny, creative or inspirational....oh crap, to much pressure, lol.
    I really think you are being to hard on yourself, your cards are stunning. Don't compare your work with other's (I know we all do that) as there is always someone who is better then the next. Just use their projects as inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete