31 January 2011

the failed adventure

Well today we were meant to be on our big Australian adventure and travelling all over the countryside.  However, due to my 50 year old body not cooperating yet again I miss out on something I was really really looking forward too.  It was meant to be a celebration of me retiring (forced due to medical problems) me turning 50 and a wonderful excuse for Jeff and I to take a great holiday.  We had changed it from the trip of a lifetime to the UK, Paris and Canada because we thought it would just be too much for me,to a little more sedate driving holiday at home and now even that has been cancelled.  I am so upset over it and cant move on but will have to find something else to do. So as I write this we would have been on our way to the Hunter Valley for our first stop :-(.

IN other news because I was disappointed on Saturday night, I did manage to do some retail therapy online and can now look forward to a few things arriving,  mainly a binding machine in pink :-) to make some 6x6 books , this should keep me busy for a little while.  Plus there are a few other little bits and pieces I ordered as well.  Got to love online shopping.

Want to reorg my blog, but not really sure how to do it so will have to have a play.  might also upload my birthday pics for anyone to see that isn't on my facebook page.

Have a great day everyone, Wendy

3 comments:

  1. Wendy. I am devastated for you. Not just because I know how much you have both been looking forward to this adventure. On a selfish note, I was hoping to have you come visit with me on your trip, or at the very least be able to meet up with you in Alice Springs while we were all there.

    But.. don't see this as a failed adventure, but a slightly postponed adventure. Your adventure WILL happen, and you will have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I would be so upset. Hubby offered me a vacation there, but I don't want to leave the kiddies at home. I would like to go as a family or when they are gone. Oh soooo sorry to hear that.
    Canada in the winter...you crazy girl, lol. I don't even want to be here in the winter :)
    Happy that you comforted yourself with some goodies though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that your plans fell through at the last minute. My husband and I both have quite serious chronic illnesses, and they've restricted what we can do and plan for years, I really do understand the massive frustration and often anger ... !!!

    I hope your adventures are only postponed, and you can get on the road before too much longer.

    ReplyDelete